- Before you begin the planning process, sit down and open your PowerPoint program and build your presentation with slides.
- Put the text of your entire talk on slides, including sub-points.
- Have a corresponding slide for everything you say.
- Crowd your slides with complicated charts that relate to your topic.
- Use a small font not every person in the room can see.
- Load up on bullets.
- Don’t use color photographs to add meaning to your message.
- Make sure slides carry text only and use complete sentences.
- Don’t consider multi-media, video clips or audience interaction.
- Use double-sided handouts of the slides.
- Don’t be spontaneous or ad lib stories between your focus areas.
- Prove you’ve done your due diligence with a huge deck of slides.
- More is better.
- By all means read your slides to us, word for word, and don’t leave out a single slide.
There Is a Better Way
Your Guide to Authentic Speaking and Presenting is packed with rich material and innovative tips to help you become the communicator you were meant to be…and it’s FREE!
In the emails that follow, I’ll personally lead you through the guide with exclusive email content that will help you connect with the hearts and minds of your clients, colleagues and community. Sign up now and get started!