One of the top questions we hear is, “How do I make impact and have influence on conference calls?” The next time you have a high-stakes conference call, try this formula:
1. Build support before the call. Instead of presenting for the first time on the call, have a couple of conversations with people who will be attending. You’ll have a warmer reception.
2. Be relevant. Use what you learn in those conversations to be the most relevant, informed voice on the line and you will gain credibility.
3. Open and close with strength. Open with clear direction and close with a concise ask or call to action.
4. Key messages. Give us the most important information and send us the rest in a follow-up email.
5. Dry Run. Run through your presentation before the call and you will own the message and be more conversational.