Leaders who inspire engagement understand that learning and development are vital, strategic tools for building high performance teams. We’ve been tailoring our curriculum to fit corporate cultures for nearly two decades. We offer a set of unique courses for executives, high potential leaders and their teams. Our clients tell us that our courses are the most powerful and actionable learning experiences they’ve had in their careers. In addition to Private Executive Sessions at Interact Studio, our leadership development programs include:
Your Authentic Speaking Style™ for Leaders
This is the famous core learning experience of Interact, providing immersion into authentic communication and presence as two of the central forces of leadership. We have delivered customized editions of this course to hundreds of teams within Fortune 500 companies from coast to coast. The experience provides an understanding of natural authority; overcoming negative thoughts; silence as command and counteraction to non-words; significance of the one-on-one conversation; moving with purpose to own your space; managing attention and engagement; awareness of leadership as a conversation; building greater buy-in and trust from constituents; empowering others through committed listening and coaching.
- Personal Strengths Survey
- Several videotaped presentations followed by real time coaching
- Private video playback during course
- Videos on personal flash drive as tune-up tool
- Your Authentic Speaking Style™ course materials
- Personal Coaching Summary as action plan
- Copies of Lou Solomon’s book, Say Something Real
The best part was watching everyone grow and develop so quickly as it related to the individual style, room presence and overall delivery of a story. Impact was immediate and the coaching was open and honest.
We demystify the concept of “executive presence” in this half-day on-camera workshop and coach from our Four Parts of Presence™ model. This model helps define the qualities and behavior that go Beyond Presence.
Physical Presence: Physical confidence and command allows you to move with purpose, take hold of a room and extend yourself to others instead of staying separate.
Professional Presence: Knowing your stuff and getting results are the parts of presence that come through the door before you.
Authentic Presence: Authenticity is about values in action, or “Walking the Talk.” People attach the following characteristics to Authentic Presence: genuine, optimistic, natural, fair, open and trustworthy.
Personal Presence: Communication style, the ability to connect and emotional intelligence are part of your Personal Presence. When you lead with warmth, you can connect with the people around you.
Beyond Presense participants will:
- Explore Interact’s 4-Parts of Executive Presence Model, which covers Personal, Professional, Physical and Authentic Presence.
- Give videotaped presentations with feedback from classmates and faculty
- Practice genuine connections and deliberate movement on camera with feedback from the faculty and group.
- Discover the power of owning and speaking from one’s experience and essential knowing.
- Learn about most vital component of positive executive presence, which is the foundation of values in action, or “walking the talk.”
7 Power Principles of Authentic Communication
Interact founder Lou Solomon delivers this 3-hour seminar to large groups to distill power in communication and how it shows up. During this interactive experience, participants will learn in breakout groups with opportunities to journal about and discuss each principle.
The 7 Power Principles:
- Being Known for “It”
- Natural Charisma
- Verbal and Vocal Presence
- Physical Confidence
- Happy Warrior
- Command of Meetings and Moments
- Zero Bull Conversations
Storylines for Leaders™
Storylines for Leaders™ is an on-camera experience for intact teams involved at any level of telling a company, service or product story. The course is an emersion into the power of storytelling in business. Ultimately participants walk away with a new road map to connect with their customers, both internal and external.
Participants will learn:
- New insights and inspiration around the language of story
- How to break down the story of a brand, product or service
- Renewal of team story and relevance to the company
- The power of vulnerability to deepen trust
- To tell the individual story that connects them to the team and company
Communicating Authentically Across Generations
We live in an era when there may be as many as 4 generations in the workforce at the same time. Learning what makes each generation “tick” can be a significant advantage as organizations face the challenges of the quickly retiring Baby Boomer population and a rapidly emerging group of Millennials.
This half-day, highly interactive course prepares individuals to communicate effectively across generations. By understanding the different values, styles, and leadership expectations, participants will leave with tools to better connect, manage conflict, and leverage the strengths of generational diversity.
Participants will learn:
- The 4 generations, their core values, and why
- Strategies for effectively communicating with and leading different generations
- The “platinum rule” to better flex to each generation’s needs on an individual and a personal level
- Techniques for leveraging the strengths of diversity
Amber had us engaged in thoughtful, meaningful conversation about how to overcome communication barriers that can exist within diverse environments. It was particularly invigorating to see our team so energized.
Authentic Team Conversations
In this one-day workshop, the focus is on leadership team interaction and becoming more powerful communicators with one another. Exercises explore the give and take of successful interaction. Teammates chart their Social Styles & Versatility profiles as a group to consider preferred styles and practices that will improve connections.
Dialogue is robust enough to transform the team into a more collaborative approach to organizational performance. Designed for up to 25 participants who work together on the same team, ideally as leaders.
Participants will learn:
- Key techniques for working more effectively in the moment
- Using presence to build trust
- How to provide feedback to enhance performance and build relationships
- How to better align goals and contribute to the team’s success
- Key elements of individual effectiveness that can drive organizational success
Interact Pitch Bootcamp™
By itself, a presentation with data and product benefits is not persuasive. An engaging communicator who (uses the whole brain approach) makes a human connection with a concise message that includes story is persuasive.
We have delivered a learning experience, “Packaging the Pitch,” to hundreds of senior sales people across the country. So many products and services are in parody today that it’s the people, the story and the package that provides the competitive edge.
This course is fast-paced and conducted on-camera. Participants give videotaped presentations on the idea behind their brand and the value it brings,each followed by feedback from the faculty and group.
Participants will learn:
- How to move from a data dump to authentic dialogue
- How to use story elements in business
- How to bring a personal connection to a sales conversation
- The Art of the Question
- DiSC® Assessment-Driven self-awareness and how to recognize the preferred styles of clients
I can’t tell you sufficiently how much I enjoyed your class. It was an incredible experience. You know it will change you when you are thinking about it afterwards and I have been thinking about it constantly. How do I turn it off?
DiSC® Assessment-Driven Learning
An important piece of leadership development is an assessment that gives participants an understanding of people’s behavioral differences. DiSC® provides a common language that leaders can use to better understand themselves and become more versatile in their behaviors with others.
Interact’s Amber Lineback is an expert in administering and debriefing DiSC® results. She has a depth of knowledge around DiSC® that enables her to customize the conversation for your culture.
The DiSC® Assessment will help leaders learn:
- How to ask powerful questions that drive insights and alignment
- Techniques for ensuring that learning will stick and translate into behavior change
- How to handle the tough questions in front of the room
- How leveraging both openness and confidence at the same time increases credibility
- How to overcome the fear of engaging others and welcome their discussion
They arrived back…with smiles on their faces. They were impressed with your adaptability to their needs...one teammate said she understood how to speak a new language.
Further Development and Reinforcement
- For every course, a development package is available for individuals. The package includes 2-3 private 90-minute coaching sessions to follow the course. Attendance to one of our open enrollment courses is also an opportunity for continued growth.
- For teams, Interact offers a reinforcement seminar via the client’s telepresence room, a 30-minute quarterly Coach Call with Lou Solomon, or an on-site one-hour Lunch and Learn.
- All Interact graduates are added to our alumni network of authentic communicators who receive reinforcement tips every month.
Let’s get together online, on the phone or in person. We’re a friendly bunch of folks who absolutely love to meet people, hear about their goals and talk about learning solutions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what’s on your mind.
We are anti-off-the-shelf because we know that no two companies have the same DNA.
When you hire us, we approach your program from all sides, considering your goals, your culture and vision. We’ve come up with a design process that allows you to get exactly what you want—a powerful and relevant solution.
Contact us for a no-strings, free consultation. We’re a friendly bunch and we would love to talk!
Interact Studio Experience
You will find the innovative space at Interact Studio open, warm and welcoming. We insist that you enjoy yourself during your stay with us.
If you are bringing your team to North Carolina, Interact Studio is convenient to Charlotte/Douglas International Airport and downtown Charlotte, which is teeming with hotels, local restaurants and popular nightspots.
Our partners are extraordinary Fortune 500 businesses and non-profit organizations that are leading the way to help solve the world’s problems. Our success is tied directly to our relationships with them. They are in our backyard, scattered from coast to coast and across the globe. They are American, French and German but they have one thing in common. They recognize the value of the human communication to drive results. They’re all stronger with Interact on their team and they make us stronger.