Influence is power. The best leaders know how to grow their influence and engage their listeners.
Unfortunately, we’re not born with the gift of natural influence. It’s a skill you have to nurture and develop overtime. Use these simple 7 tips to grow yours.
7 Simple Tips to Growing Influence
- Natural Charisma. Be curious and attentive in a way that invites input from others. People will want to be around you.
- Don’t rush people. Allow relationships to develop. Otherwise people will be skeptical of your ideas and your intentions.
- Never posture or play games. Confidence is the attractive energy that comes from not having to act like a big deal or convince anyone of anything.
- Vulnerability. Don’t try to be perfect. Learn to kick back and laugh at your mistakes. Ask others for help.
- Develop people. Empower people by teaching them what your life has taught you. Help them grow their unique abilities.
- Keep promises. Keep big and small promises, and honor the team over immediate personal gain.
- Zero B.S. Mindset. We all have spin-fatigue. Take the risk to say something real. You will stand out immediately.